Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When God calls out, "Whom shall I send?" what will YOUR answer be?

There is some computer glitch at work Wednesday early a.m., so while that gets sorted out, I figured that was God's way of saying, "Dude, now that you're not pushing to get the Web updates done, let's have coffee and a strawberry Pop Tart together."

Well, not exactly, but I did feel led to do more than just skim through a daily e-mailed devotional; shamefully that's become a bad habit ...

So the devotional was Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
That followed with a reading of Psalm 139, which ends with,
"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
And a search for some other lyrics to a Starfield song led me to "I Will Go" (funny how that happens) ... Kind of another Isaiah 6 moment (re-read that passage and see if you see the same parallel ideas) ...

So when God calls you to whatever it is wherever it is (maybe it is a mission trip, maybe it's going up to a person you don't like and sharing God's love with that person in a real way, not some fake, superficial way), will you go? Having a heart to go is a start, but will you set aside your fears and apprehensions, will you set aside your own creature comforts, will you set aside your own ideas of what serving Him should look like, will you set aside lip service and just be obedient ... will you follow Him?

Will you truly just GO?



I Will Go

By Tim Neufeld and Jon Neufeld

To the desperate eyes
and reaching hands
To the suffering
and the lean
To the ones the world
has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

[Chorus:]
I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've
poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

I wanna live for you
Go where you lead me
I wanna follow you

Comments, questions, reactions, whatever ... leave 'em below ...

Blessings,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment